Sights

Introduction

The village Doľany boasts up to nine national cultural monuments and in addition, and other sights. Through the most important monuments leads Doliansky historical trail with ten stops and information boards in three languages, which can go for walk 40 minutes. Detailed information on dolianskom historic pavement can check on this page.

City ​​Tower

The emergence of the stone tower is not documented in writing, it is assumed, that was built in connection with the promotion of the village to the town Ompital, probably 2. half of 16. century as a city tower. It has a square base measuring 4,5 x 4,5 m and height 18,2 m. He served as a belfry and perhaps also as a watch tower observation of an unexpected invasion of the enemy during war. Unlike thousands of other towers is the tower and one unique trait. It is its location above the flowing stream. About this uniqueness writes George Fándly in its history Dolian with mild patriotism as the admirable European rarity, because "Such rarity does not Vienna, nor Paris, ani Rím …;“

Parish Church of St. Catherine

The existence of the church indirectly evidenced by the first written mention of the Doľany 1390. Gothic church comes from 14. century. The church was fortified with round stone defensive wall, originally also with loopholes. The defensive wall is largely preserved to this day. The church was rebuilt several times over the centuries and expanded. In year 1664 began to build a new, higher nave. In year 1678 nave was increased and the original ceiling of boards replaced with masonry vaults. In years 1832 – 1834 The church was again extended by the church tower. The construction was then largely funded Juraj Palkovič. The last enlargement has been extended sacristy on the right side of the church. The width of the church is 13,8 Metro and length 36,4 metra.

Church St.. Leonardo

The church dates from 14. or 15. century and is built in the Gothic style. A special feature of the church is, that the left side is set in the rock massif, which forms the greater part of the party. Great rock that protrudes into the church and fills the space under the wooden choir. Sometime after 1645 the church was expanded by the chapel. Today it is the only medieval church in the wider area. For small church is small the cave. According to ancient local folk legend this cave once led to a Frenchwoman St.. Leonard came from France to Dolian. In the distant past they lived near the church hermits. The last hermit, who probably lived there until 1759, was the same Remigius Morava. The church is known far and wide, because the Catholic faithful of Dolian and surrounding villages here every year on the seventh Sunday after Easter pilgrimage place.

Church St.. Sebastian

Church St.. Sebastian is located on the top of the hill kalvárijného. It was built in baroque style in 1708 from the estate pastor Paul Hartpergera (Dolan worked in the years 1659 – 1673 a 1677 – 1685). The church has a length 8,2 Metro and width 6,5 metra. The chapel is open to the public during the festive church events and personality is, that 12. June 2009 was it in the modern history conducted for the first time the award ceremony st. wedding. It was originally the chapel rare painting sv.Šebastiána, allegedly from the original Spanish Baroque painter Bartolomé Esteban Murillo, but in 1974 painting of the chapel was stolen and so far not found.

Parent's house of George Fándly

From the house came George Fándly, important Slovak writer, national revivalist. As a priest he served in Sered, in Lukáčovce and Bathers. In year 1807 He went into early retirement in Dolian. For parental house he built your own house, where he spent the last years of his life. There also died 7. 3. 1811. Fándly was a leading representative of the movement Bernolak, founding member of the Slovak Learned Society, writer, poet, historian, popularizer of science and health. His first work was confidential contract between the monks and the devil, which was published in 1789. It's the first work written in the first codified Slovak, in so. Bernolak. In the following years he published other works mainly in the field of education of farmers. Total written or processed about 38 titles.

Parent's house of George Palkovič

In this house he lived part of his childhood here and was even in adulthood returned George Palkovič, a great patron of Slovak literature, translator and publisher. During his lifetime he held high ecclesiastical rank, was canonic, Evangelist and since 1825 St. Stephen provost of Esztergom, where the 21. 1. 1835 he died. Palkovič as a generous patron supports many Slovak writers, e.g. poet J. Hollý delivered its cargo works of various poems, Aeneida, Svatopluk a Cirillo-Metodiada. His life's work is a translation of the whole Bible into Slovak Bernolak, which issued its own costs in two volumes in years 1829 a 1832. It's the first book edition of Bible translation in English!

Monument George Fándlyho

The stone monument was built in 1926 Slovak Matica in honor of George Fándlyho, najplodnejšieho Slovak writer breakthrough 18. a 19. century. On the monument there are three signs with text. On the central side of the text: "Jurovi Fandlyho, Slovak revivalist and writer, who died in this village 7. brand 1811. Slovak Matica. "On the left side is the text again: "In this village Juraj Fándly spent his youth, There lived the rest, he died 7. brand 1811 and is buried here. Doľany 1990 '. And at the end, on the right is a quote from Fándly odes Understanding User-Friendly: "KDE som mal for young joy, the spot to these joyful, There I was in charge of settling, the room last. George Fándly, 1807“. The monument was refurbished in 2016.

Calvary

Calvary comes from 1894. It consists of a number of classical 14 chapels built in neo-Gothic style. Scenes of the Cross are painted on metal. Calvary ends at the top of the hill and right behind her, as if they were a part of it, There are three high stone crosses. But still they come from 1758 and then enlist their parish priest Jozef Plecho. Middle depicts the crucified Jesus and the two criminals crucified side. Calvary was built doliansky native Constantine Várdai. As an academic professor of drawing Várdai was also the author of the architectural design and the author of the paintings in the chapels. At Calvary every year in late May held the traditional pilgrimage ompitálska.

Tombstone of George Fándlyho

It located in the middle of the new part of the local cemetery. A memorial gravestone in classical style gave in 1950, at occasion 200. the birth of George Fándlyho, Guild build St.. Adalbert in Trnava. In addition to the text of Fándly there is the citation Ode IX. poet John Holly. Tombstone, however, does not indicate the final resting place Fándlyho - was indeed buried at this cemetery, but the exact site of the original tomb could not be ascertained. Tombstone has undergone several unprofessional repairs, The complex was restored in 2016.